Bridge International Academies Process Documentation Intern Career Opportunity
Bridge International Academies
Position Titel: Process Documentation Intern
Who We Are: Bridge believes every child has the right to high quality education and works in partnership with governments, communities, parents and teachers to deliver education to over 100,000 children in underserved communities across Africa and Asia.
Bridge leverages in-depth teacher training and support, advanced lesson plans and wireless technology to provide pupils with a meaningful and life-changing education.
Globally, there is an education crisis. Around 263 million children and young people are not in school and the number of primary school aged children not in school is increasing. Bridge is committed to helping tackle this through a data driven, evidence based approach that delivers strong schools and a great education for all.
The Bridge Approach: Education is in crisis in many countries around the world. It is estimated that 264 million children and young people are out of school, and 330 million children are in school but not learning. In addition, an extra 69 million teachers are needed to achieve the 2030 UN education goals.
Many education systems are plagued with inadequate materials and poor management systems, all leading to chronic teacher absenteeism and a lack of learning. Education reform is challenging but it is urgently required if we are to prevent another generation of children missing out.
So, we work in partnership with governments, NGOs and non-state actors to address the huge education imbalance between what is available and what is needed right now – we work to bridge the gap.
We believe parents have the right to choose a school for their children and we enable families to enjoy seeing their children learn, improve and flourish at Bridge schools.
We locate our schools in some of the most disadvantaged communities in the world. Families in our communities can be earning just $1.90 per person a day; a level the World Bank notes is at extreme poverty. By putting learning at the centre of all we do, Bridge has become an extremely popular choice for underserved families and low-income communities.
With plans to enroll ten million students ten years from now, Bridge offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting and ambitious social enterprises, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with the Operations heads of departments to collect existing documentation
- Attend and/or conduct interviews with subject matter experts within Operations to map existing and desired processes
- Identify and document process gaps and design project plans to bridge them
- Write down all the Standard Operating Procedure
- Design and fill a repository of all policies and procedures that is easy to access and navigate in
What You Should Have
- A university degree or be in your final year in university
- Strong proficiency in technology including, Microsoft Office applications especially in Word and Excel
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong task management, planning and organizational skills
- Extremely detail-oriented, efficient and able to multi-task, prioritize and follow projects through to completion
- Strong customer service orientation
- High energy and enthusiasm and willing to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Ability to work well under pressure, as a team member in a fast-paced work environment
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending a curriculum vitae to email@example.com quoting the position title on the subject line by 20th June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.