Channel Account Manager Job Opening in Kenya
Career Opportunity: Channel Account Manager – Kenya Channel
Our Client is an exciting, fast-growing and established cloud IT business based in Bryanston. Focused on backup, storage and archiving since 1998 and at the forefront of cloud services since 2005, The company has successfully evolved into a leading Cloud backup and storage provider and now has over 10,000 end user customers and in excess of 140 channel partners.
On the back of a run of record sales years, continued growth (over 35% year on year) and during continued growth in the cloud industry, our client is now looking to expand their team to pro-actively increase their market presence and ultimately sales growth.
If you are hard-working and a self-starter and are looking for a serious career within a fast-paced, energetic and fun environment, where hard-work, initiative and commitment are rewarded then this could be the company for you.
The primary purpose of this role is to generate new business opportunities for our clients Backup Pro services within the SA Channel.
Through developing and maintaining business relationships with key channel partners, you are to ensure that our client has a well-established and scalable route to market.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Projection and execution of sales revenue, channel sales profitability and new customer acquisition goals
- Develop channel sales plans and strategies for building/maintaining an accurate sales pipeline and moving opportunities through the sales cycle
- Effective and accurate sales forecasts for each of the channel partners
- Work closely with marketing to develop and execute lead generation initiates
- Work closely with the sales team, leading the day-today channel sales activities. You will be expected to supervise the internal sales team – encouraging them to drive additional sales into existing partners, whilst finding new reseller clients.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activities and provide feedback to marketing
- Identify and develop up-sell/cross-sell opportunities of other services into existing/new accounts within the channel
- Maintain an active, intimate relationship with the Channel at all levels and gain a full understanding of their business, including back-office processes, sales and marketing plans and internal support mechanisms
- Ensure that we are represented at all levels to new customers and that our objectives, brand, product set and value proposition business is accurately represented in the market
- Record data about existing and potential clients within the data capture systems accurately – specifically CRM
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications
- A self-starter – able to act on own initiative and demonstrate drive and determination.
- Experience in creating and building a reseller channel.
- Proven sales experience, hunting and closing business with new customers.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and presentation skills.
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Good ‘people skills’, for working with a range of colleagues, clients, partners and suppliers.
- Good organizational and time management skills – able to develop and work to processes.
- Able to network effectively with peers and customer accounts at all levels including senior management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to business and personal integrity.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title on the subject line on or before 18th June 2018.