Food Products Quality Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya
Position Title: Food Products – Quality Manager
Our client is one of the leading manufacturers of confectionaries and food products.
They are looking to hire a competent and experienced Quality Manager to formulate, document and maintain Quality Assurance and Quality Control standards & policies and on-going quality control objectives.
He or She will also maintain and improve quality standards to create consumer preference.
Role Summary: Ensuring that all aspects of Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures, systems and policies are maintained to ensure that products meet the established standards of quality including usability, regulatory approval and performance.
Drive cost initiatives through efficiency in the organization’s procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, interpret and implement Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures and standards, including SOP, KPI’s, GMP’s etc.
- Evaluate adequacy of Quality Assurance and Quality Control standards.
- Ensuring compliance to all statutory and system requirements e.g. KEBS
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data.
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems.
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality.
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities.
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues and develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyse data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system and prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers and evaluate audit findings to develop and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Ensuring quality of processes from supplier materials for production.
- Looking for ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency in the organizations’ SOPs
- Responsible for document management systems
- Developing and cascading the individual targets through a performance management structure while inspiring team to achieve the departmental scorecard in line with overall objective
- Implementing best practices in quality management & respective areas of work
- Implementing product quality, customer & Service Excellence and Change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or a Science related field
- Certifications in Food safety, KAIZEN and First Aid.
- At-least 5 year(s) relevant experience.
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience.
- Knowledge of food product testing.
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs.
- Product or industry-specific experience in the food sector is a MUST.
- Good Analytical and reporting skills
- Exposure in Quality Control & Assurance
- Inter-personal skills
- Lean and Kaizen Skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Quality Manager – Food Products) to email@example.com before Friday, 18th May 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Mayfair Suites, 4th floor, Westlands.