Head of Academy Job Vacancy at Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa, Kenya
Background: The Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa is an International Baccalaureate World School, which seeks to provide students from all backgrounds from
primary to higher secondary with an education of the highest standard in order to prepare them for lives characterised by leadership.
We invite applications for this important role:
Position Title: Head of Academy
Role Description: The Head of Academy is effectively the Chief Education Officer of the entire school. S/he is appointed by and accountable to the Director of the
Academies Unit (AU), based in France.
The Head leads the Academy’s Senior Management Team, and has ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the Academy’s day-to-day running within the strategic and financial policy framework established in consultation with the AU and for the realisation of His Highness, The Aga Khan’s vision.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate evidence of the following:
1. Academic Leadership
- Serve as the intellectual, pedagogical, and moral leader of the Academy as an ethical learning community. This would be reflected by a record of success, innovation, and enjoyment as a classroom teacher.
- At least ten years’ of Senior administrative responsibility in an International Baccalaureate Curriculum in an International school setup.
- The Head of Academy should be abreast of trends and research in education, and show interest in issues related to educational leadership in the developing world.
- The Head of Academy should have experience leading the development and application of new curricular initiatives (programmes, courses, projects) responding to the vision and mission of his/her school. This experience would involve collaborative work with other national or international educational or other partners.
2. Leadership and Management
- Proven ability gained in senior positions in International schools with reputations for educational excellence.
- 15 years’ experience of the IB — Ideally with broad understanding of the full IB continuum (PYP-MYP-Diploma).
- Experience of Boarding/Residential Community Life— Ideally time spent in a co-educational boarding school or the ability to adapt to Residential Community Life.
- External relations — experience of marketing a school to parents and the ability to demonstrate a capacity to build successful relationships with donors, funders, corporations, governmental organizations, other school and NGOs
- Collaborative Mind-set — The ability to harness the power and support of the network within which the Academy exist and a willingness to play a leadership role in and across the Academies Unit and AKDN.
- At least a Post Graduate Certificate in Education.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Detailed curriculum vitae,
- Indicate the Job Title on the subject of your email
- Provide names of at least 3 contactable referees and daytime telephone contact before closing date of 18th June 2018 to:
The Human Resource Department,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.