Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) Human Resources and Administration Manager Job Vacancy in Eldoret
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post:
Career Opportunity: Human Resources and Administration Manager – Eldoret
Reporting to the Country Director and working in close collaboration with the Mary’s Meals International (MMI) Director of People, the Human Resources and Administration Manager is a member of the country programme leadership team.
Responsible for human resource management and supporting organisational development in line with the Mary’s Meals vison and values ensuring that all members of staff have the opportunity to reach their full potential, through the implementation of the Mary’s Meals International Global People Strategy through an annual plan, aligned to key strategic objectives.
It includes delivering human resource services and solutions with focus on learning and development, workforce planning, resourcing, talent management, reward, employee relations, employee engagement and performance management.
Ensure the HR function operates to the highest standards of operational effectiveness aiming to optimise organisational performance and sustaining the desired culture. An emphasis of the role is to ensure robust systems, processes and controls are in place and adhered to diligently across the whole programme.
The role is also responsible for coordinating the safety, health, security elements and general office administration.
1. Human Resource Management and technical support
- To lead the HR team and function in Mary’s Meals Kenya.
- To act as a key source of support to the Country Director regarding all HR matters.
- To provide expert advice, guidance, toolkits and coaching to managers on HR. matters, supporting managers in dealing with recruitment, complex casework, performance, attendance, disciplinary, grievance and employee relations issues.
- To establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with colleagues.
2. Staffing, workforce planning and diversity
- To take a proactive approach to HR compliance, legislation and risk management, ensuring risks and issues are identified, addressed and reported and, where appropriate, escalated.
3. Annual planning
- To develop the annual HR operational plan for Mary’s Meals Kenya in line with the Mary’s Meals Global People strategy identifying HR priorities translating organisational requirements into effective HR practices delivering people solutions.
- To work with the MMI Director of People and the UK based HR team within a matrix structure
- To manage delegated resources (e.g. budgets, equipment and contracts) as appropriate, to ensure value for money
4. Staff wellbeing and engagement
- To lead in identifying good practice to improve employee engagement and to support a learning organisation ethos.
- To support line managers in team development and team building
5. Organisational learning and development
- To support Country Director with the management of organisational development and change including restructures, leadership and management development, team development and capacity building.
- To evaluate development requirements and develop and implement a plan of all learning and development opportunities and report to the Country Director on outcomes.
- To lead, coach and support the senior leadership team in developing, management & leadership skills and styles across the team in Kenya.
6. Performance management and development
- To work with the senior management team in the development of a Mary’s Meals Kenya culture that is aligned to the values of the global movement.
- To implement a personal development review process and ensure it is aligned to key strategic objectives supporting development of organisational culture in line with Mary’s Meals values.
- To advise and support the Country Director on HR performance
7. HR communication and reporting
- To develop and implement internal communication plan to ensure that our people are fully aware of HR policies and procedures and are informed about key HR organisational issues and developments
- To collate, analyse and report HR information to support development of HR strategies and solutions
- To ensure that all internal and external reporting requirements are satisfied through the provision of management information and HR returns.
8. HR operations
- Prepare, develop and implement HR procedures and policies that meet national employment standards and legislation and align with the Mary’s Meals global standards which all staff are fully aware of.
- Monitor and evaluate absence levels, recommend solutions to resolve absence issues.
- Manage staff payroll for authorisation by the Country Director and ensure returns for all statutory deductions are filed and paid for.
- Coordinating with Health Insurance providers to track use of the health insurance.
- Develop and implement workforce plans in line with the needs of MMK and in line with MMI strategic objectives.
- Manage the recruitment and onboarding process.
- To support the senior leadership team in the annual review and implementation of the organisation’s pay and reward strategy
- Administration to support expatriate staff
9. HR metrics
- Lead on the analysis and reporting of HR information to support the development of HR strategies and solutions
- Work with the HR Partners in the development of HR metric dashboards
- Provide key metrics to the organisation to enable leaders to make informed decisions that help the organisation deliver on its strategy
- Ensuring the safety and security policy and associated procedures are implemented, review and adjust as necessary.
- Assist with the preparation, maintenance and updating of security plans including contingency plans in accordance with Mary’s Meals security guidelines.
- Assist in the supervision (or liaison if outsourced) and capacity building of security guards for residential and office properties.
- Maintain all security data including an updated list of all staff, including all the details of visitors.
- Ensure that staff members are kept informed of matters affecting their safety and security and making appropriate arrangement for briefing new staff and visitors
- Provide advice and training to personnel and eligible dependents on security matters, as assigned;
- Establish security coordination/liaison with the local security authorities which will involve developing good contacts with national law enforcement agencies with a view to obtain the best possible protection for staff members.
- Act as a liaison on security matters with other NGOs operating in the area to ensure the best possible coordination on security related matters, and safe delivery of programmes.
- Assisting in maintaining and evaluating tracking systems and assist in the coordination of a 24-hour Emergency Response System.
- Maintaining lines of communication with security focal points in our remote offices.
- Ensure that fire prevention devices and fire-fighting equipment are available on all premises and that they are always in good working order.
- Facilitating fire training and regularly simulating fire drills.
- Conducting routine physical security inspections and evaluations of office facilities and dwelling houses.
- Facilitate investigation of security-related incidents, including near misses, involving staff, visitors or eligible dependents.
- Coordinate issuance of identity cards as appropriate.
- Acts as Duty Officer within the Security function.
- Managing the organisations fleet and fuel requirements.
- Manage direct reports, ensuring they meet their agreed performance objectives.
- Oversee purchase and maintenance of office equipment and premises ensuring a healthy and conducive work environment
- Provide supplies by identifying needs for all departments; establishing policies, procedures, and work schedules
- Organise staff meetings, conferences and other events
- Devise plans and annual administrative budget that will be followed for the entire year.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A Degree or equivalent experience in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Strategic Management, People Manage, Leadership or any other relevant field.
- Experience in leading an HR function and leading, engaging and motivating a team of staff
- Fully conversant with all aspects of the employment law in general and specifically for Kenya
- Fully conversant with contemporary HR best practice.
- Experience in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures.
- Practical experience of coordinating recruitment and interviewing processes and assessments at senior level.
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly
- Well-developed skills for influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and information to a range of audiences and stakeholders in both written and verbal forms
- Planning and work organizational skills with ability to meet agreed timelines.
- IT proficient: MS office applications particularly in word, excel and outlook
- Working knowledge of HR systems with a minimum of 5 years practical experience at leadership level
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Experience of managing conflict and sensitive issues and achieving positive outcomes.
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise work to deadlines and pay attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
How to Apply
Applications stating expected net salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday, 24th May 2018 at 16:30 hours.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.