Project Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya
Career Opportunity: Project Manager
Job Purpose: Develop project scope, cost estimates, human resource requirements, work plans, time schedules, communication plans, and makes work assignments to meet project objectives
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete projects
- Prepares the all Project Documents & Plans as per company Standard & updates regularly
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete projects
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which projects will be evaluated at its completion
- Determine the technical mix of skills required for a project
- Effectively communicate project expectations to the technicians and design team
- Engages Subcontractors and supervises their work
- Learn technical basics of all equipment installed on the project & liaise with the Commissioning Technician on any clarifications the client requires
- Attends all site meetings & keeps notes to ensure the work is up to standard, thereafter acts on action points & distributes relevant information
- Monitor the progress of projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of projects
- Develop good relationships with clients, other contractors, architects & engineers on site
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Tracks project costs and budget utilization
- Archive and Index all project related materials.
- Report on project performance
- Analyze the actual project performance against the project plan and make adjustments consistent with project objectives.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Role Related Qualifications / Skills:
- Degree Project Management
- Post Graduate degree in Project management is an added advantage
- PMP certified
- 7 years’ experience in project management
- Relevant Technical Training & experience
- Good grasp of technical installations & willingness to learn
- Familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project etc.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS Office, Visma etc.
Role Related Competencies (Behavioral Indicators):
- Excellent communication skills
- self-driven, a good team leader
- On time performance
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Familiar with implementation of standards
- Thorough in follow up
- Proven track record in successfully coordinating complex projects;
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 30th June 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted