School Feeding Assistants Job Vacancies in Turkana County
Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) operates a Primary School Feeding and Early Childhood Development programme in Kenya.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post:
Career Opportunity: School Feeding Assistants – Turkana County
The School Feeding Assistants (SFAs) will be responsible for the day to day monitoring and supervision of the school feeding programme and for training volunteers and other stakeholders, conducting community meetings and collection of programme data.
The SFAs will play a key role in the day-to-day running of the SFAs in ensuring that school based activities are being carried out effectively and that surrounding communities are participating to acceptable standards.
The SFA will also play a link role between the school and community on the one hand and Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) on the other.
This includes interfacing with community based government curriculum support officers.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KSCE).
- Certificate or Diploma in Community development, sociology or related social science field will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- 2 years’ work experience in community development or related field preferably with an international NGO.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A motorbike license and ability to ride a motorbike.
- Ability to communicate in Turkana language
How to Apply
Applications stating expected net salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 16th May 2018 at 16:30 hours.
The interviews will be conducted at Mary’s Meals office in Lodwar on the week that starts on the 28th.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.