Software Developer Job Vacancy in Kenya
Career Opportunity: Software Developer
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Download, prepare, and run scripts to load data into spatial databases on regular intervals
2. Review specifications and data changes; adjust scripts and processes where necessary
3. Write, maintain, and test SQL scripts for data processing and loading
4. Evaluate new data sources for quality and attribution to support product requirements
5. Responsible for analysis, design, and implementation of application and custom integration solutions including new functionality, maintenance, and enhancements of existing code.
6. Develop and support custom applications.
7. Coding fixes and new development.
8. Collaborate with business users, project managers, technicians and other programmers.
9. Create custom software, by producing clean and efficient code, based on specifications.
10. Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
11. Develop and execute project plans
12. Learn, investigate and understand to an expert level the various systems the company deals with
13. Use various third party SDK’s and API’s to develop custom applications
14. Analyze user requirements and deliver corresponding functionality in projects
15. Create and Design attractive and functional User Interfaces
16. Research various aspects of the software development process in order to produce the required systems and functionality
17. Investigate new systems, technologies and approaches to solving problems
18. Build servers and set up computer networks (live and test environments)
19. Write user manuals
1. Intermediate to advanced experience developing Python scripts or tools
2. Experience writing scripts to perform advanced queries, joins, use cursors, and performing spatial operations in MS SQL
3. Microsoft Server Systems, including AD, IIS etc.
4. Expert in MSSQL, MySQL and other variants
5. Expertise in current computer hardware and software
6. Ability to use one or more development languages and frameworks
7. Experience as a full-stack developer
8. Experience using code repositories and revision control systems
9. Experience creating both the back-end and front-end systems
10. Experience creating stored procedures for optimizing common tasks and operations
11. Intermediate to advanced experience working with large normalized databases
12. Experience transforming data from flat to normalized databases
13. Ability to read data product specifications and translate into database models and tables
14. High level of technical knowledge.
15. Able to work in a fast paced environment with a strong attention to detail.
16. Able to respond to company needs quickly and efficiently.
17. Ability to manage multiple projects.
18. Well organized and self-driven.
1. Experience working with SQL Server or other relational database system required
2. Create SQL views, SQL Scripts and Functions
3. Experience with Scrum and Agile Development Methodologies
4. 7+ years’ software development or programming experience
5. Knowledge and experience of the full software development project cycle
6. Expert in at least one of Python, PHP, Ruby
8. Create, using and running queries with VBA codes
9. Experience and understand of .NET development
10. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or other related field or equivalent work experience
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com before end of day 29th June 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.