Sous Chefs Job Vacancies in Nairobi, Kenya May 2018
Career Opportunity: Sous Chefs
Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Our Client, a Market Leader in Hospitality urgently seeks to recruit talented Sous Chefs with experience in designing and preparing high-end cuisine. We’re looking for creative individuals who are willing to participate in creating seasonal menus and designing new dishes.
The successful candidates will assist the Lead Chef in both culinary and administrative tasks while communicating with the Assistant Kitchen Manager and Restaurant Manager.
We’re looking for professionals who are dedicated to food quality and set high standards for their output and other matters by performing the following duties;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant’s policy and vision;
- Come up with new dishes which appeal to the clients, whenever required;
- Establish the working schedule and organize the work in the kitchen so that everything works like a “well-oiled machinery”;
- Produce high quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements;
- Plan the food design in order to create a perfect match between the dish’s aspect and its taste;
- Discover talented chefs and train them in order to reach the high standards of the location;
- Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and using at the maximum the available resources;
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours;
- Create tasting menus for clients interested in contracting the food for different events (wedding, banquets,
corporate dinners, birthday parties, etc.) from their kitchen;
- Developing a cross-marketing strategy in order to increase profit, such as pairing drinks with the food served;
- Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door;
- Make sure that the professional equipment is in good conditions and signal any malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Must have 3+ years’ culinary experience in a high-volume, full-service restaurant
- Knowledge of best practices for training kitchen staff and implementing kitchen procedures
- High level of creativity and reliability
- Flexible schedule required
- Leadership Skills
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Familiarity with menu costing procedures
- Possess multitasking ability for getting several tasks done with a short period
Apply today if you can bring excellent culinary skills and high energy to this exciting opportunity, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 11th May 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.